POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : In progress : Re: In progress Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: In progress
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 18 Dec 2000 19:25:39
Message: <3A3EAB04.847FA054@ij.net>
David Fontaine wrote:

> what's the superellipsoid?

	3,3, Gold_Nugget, it has been in a posted animation

> Neat pic, but very hard to tell perspective. Maybe have the ship occupy a
> corner/edge up close. That seems to be the way to do it in space pics (earth
> rising over lunar surface type stuff).

	Yes, the real geometry of space does not mix with images. And animating
it is even worse a problem. I put off the hard part for two months and
gave up. With less than a month left, I'm working on a credible fake.
Barely 15 seconds of preliminaries and 2.1M gone.

--
If you render too quickly you may miss some pixels.
	-- The Iron Webmaster, 256