POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lionel KCS diesel locomotive WIP (58k) : Re: Lionel KCS diesel locomotive WIP (58k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lionel KCS diesel locomotive WIP (58k)
From: David Fontaine
Date: 19 Dec 2000 00:44:04
Message: <3A3DA340.2A0AC96A@faricy.net>
Got the metal deck w/ railings done. And that includes the bump map, ya know,
this pattern:
--- | --- | ---
 | --- | --- |
--- | --- | ---
 | --- | --- |
but at a 45 degree angle. I rendered the bump map in POV, the pigment function
is just a big composite of if(,,)'s, then tiled and rotated 45 degrees for the
deck. :)

Railings consist of 6 prisms: 2 w/ 52 points, 44, 48, 91, 87. Phew! (wipes
sweat off forehead) The cut-out sections are kinda rounded so they took a lot
of points. The angled portions required trig to keep the width constant, trig
is hard for me, I gotta draw a picture for it. After coding half of the last
two prisms, I realized I had made the cutouts 23.5mm wide instead of 20.5.
Oops. Redid a bunch of numbers.

And I realize I am writing a blog entry of sorts. Oh well.