POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My Computer-Button (re: quantum computer) : Re: My Computer-Button (re: quantum computer) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Computer-Button (re: quantum computer)
From: Hugo
Date: 17 Dec 2000 14:38:58
Message: <3A3D1623.73716962@post3.tele.dk>
Hi,
And thanks for everybody's comments!

>> You could probably do it with only one; poly{}... ;)
Whaaat?? No, I don't think it would be easier, or just as good.

>> I think that there isn't enough CSG-primitives
>> in standard POV to model a "perfect" CSG-key.
Possibly true. Well, my keys are also not 100% perfect. But I spend lots
of time to vipe out most visible errors ( + keeping code's flexibility).

>> Where on the key did you use the triangles ?
Everywhere I would otherwise use boxes. Triangles were better in this
case. It does prevent the key from ever being transparant, however.

>> Nothing is ever simple with POV! That's why we love it, right???
Well, without a challange, I wouldn't bother.. But I do prefer a
*reasonable* amount of work. It's difficult to make a defination of what
is an adequate effort, but I think these keys demanded a little more
than reasonable. Because other people wouldn't expect it to be so hard.

>> I think they look good. Nice work.
Thanks! YES they look good.  ;o)  And they have very correct form and
size. Sooner or later I will continue on them.

Hugo