POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My Computer-Button (re: quantum computer) : Re: My Computer-Button (re: quantum computer) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Computer-Button (re: quantum computer)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 16 Dec 2000 19:45:08
Message: <3A3C0BC8.E47B62F1@online.no>
Hugo wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> At least Simon De Vet and Tor Olav Christensen will remember the quantum
> computer buttons. Simon modelled his button in Rhino and "provoked" by
> calling it incredibly simple, arrgh! And Tor Olav made his ISO-key, with
> just a few lines of code, but it takes relative long time to render.
>
> Here's my CSG key! eheh heh.. Took me over 10 hours to hand code, and
> resulted in one sleepless night and headache.. Well, I'm sure Gilles and
> H.E. Day will either laugh at me or feel pitty. But it's not so simple
> at all..!!
>
> These ones render quick though, and consists only of primitives and some
> triangle routines.

I think that there isn't enough CSG-primitives
in standard POV to model a "perfect" CSG-key.

But these are not bad !

Where on the key did you use the triangles ?
Around the upper corners ?

I guess that you got some geometry exercise
when doing this modelling. :)

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom