POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : media fire : Re: media fire Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media fire
From: Jérôme M  Berger
Date: 15 Dec 2000 04:48:31
Message: <3A39E8EE.13C9617A@enst.fr>
Jonathan Rafael Ghiglia wrote:

> I made a candle lit with an emission media.
> When the background is black the flames look right, but as soon as I
> add the candle to my scene the fire looks too clear, even if I
> increase the amount of emission. What should I do?
> Should I add absorption or scattering media to the fire ?
	The easiest solution (at least if you're using unix) is to download
mPov and use emission mehtod 2. The not-so-easy solution is to add an
absorbing media, see the mPov page for an example of this method (and an
explanation of why emission method 2 is better).

	The mPov page:
http://www.enst.fr/~jberger/mpov/mpov.html

--

* Abandon the search for truth, * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* Settle for a good fantasy.    * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger