POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Another guideline question : Re: Another guideline question Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another guideline question
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 14 Dec 2000 05:23:40
Message: <3A389F7A.D1CF98A4@onwijs.com>
lem### [at] yahoocom wrote:

> > But seriously, Quicktime suffers from the same problems as other formats: the
> > versions. On top of that: I had to download the latest Quicktime player to view
> > a certain fragment and it did some less friendly things to my setup (suddenly
> > it's a plugin in Netscape for formats I had no problem with, to name an
> > example).
>
> It isn't available in Linux and is a closed source, which we should all
> boycott...
> I love Macintosh, but I hate closed source...  My opinion
>
> --
> +-------------------------+----------------------------------+
> | Simon Lemieux           | Website : http://www.666Mhz.net  |
> | Email : Sin### [at] 666Mhznet | POV-Ray, OpenGL, C++ and more... |

Everything I make is closed source (even to me, at times) and I admit that
that's not always nice ;)

Another thing: I downloaded and installed the latest (?) QT a month ago to be
able to see some animations. Everytime I start it up now I get a message saying
I should upgrade! They're fast!
Definitely a user-unfriendly program.

Remco