POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POVMan test image : Re: POVMan test image Server Time
19 Aug 2024 10:15:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVMan test image
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 Dec 2000 15:03:05
Message: <3A37D5F9.22C02EAD@gmx.de>
Vahur Krouverk wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Here is another test image. This time it shows, how to use shader to
> create pigment function for isosurface. Perhaps it gives some nice ideas
> to people...
> Code for shaders and scene is included as well.

Just checked it out and found that transformations are not used in shader
pigments.  For example

#declare myWaves=function{
  pigment{
    shader{
      shader_file "waves.slp"
      "scale" 10
    }
    scale 0.001
  }
}

in this scene does not change anything, which seems wrong to me.

BTW, those shaders are interesting stuff, but they are quite difficult to
learn for someone used to povray :-)

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>