POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : gridded turbulence (50k) : Re: gridded turbulence (50k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gridded turbulence (50k)
From: Ben Paschke
Date: 13 Dec 2000 01:32:32
Message: <3A3718BA.C9272D7E@rsp.com.au>
"Bob H." wrote:

> A real eye-catcher, this is.
> There's a tendency of it to look very smokey so I thought that seemed a bit off
> from a scale point of view.

yeah, it's actually the blue fog that's in the scene. i haven't really dealt with
the scale issue, or the actual composition of the scene yet, this image just
happended to be a happy accident, so to speak.

>  I really thought I was seeing a photograph at
> first.
> Will the turbulence not cause it to jump about when animated?
>
> Bob H.

Just as long as the apparent frequency of the turbulence isn't changed i imagine
that they (each individual ball) will remain relatively as close as they are now to
their neighbours. That is, if you were to only translate the turbulence through the
grid rather than animate the vturbulence parms.
But, alas, i have already taken the scene too far in another direction to try
animating it. I'll wait 'till i get the intended scene done and then have a go
animating with vturb - i imagine it would look really interesting.