POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : An amination of pogo [600kbbu] : Re: An amination of pogo [600kbbu] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 11:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An amination of pogo [600kbbu]
From: MikeH
Date: 12 Dec 2000 17:58:05
Message: <3A369EDB.5AFA3C83@aol.com>
> Very cute! Especially the flippers.
> How did you do it?

I modeled him and did the keyframing in Animation Master. He's made up
of type 2 bicubic patches with the textures defined for different groups
in a seperate include file for easy editing.  This way I can have
multiple versions of the model use the same textures. Then I export a
copy of the model for each frame (wrote a plugin to automate the
process).  The frames are then loaded into the scene using the clock
variable, ie:

/* penguin */

#declare CURRENT_FRAME = clock;

union {
#include concat("pogo",str(CURRENT_FRAME,0,0) )
}

The finished scene file is rendered in a modified MegaPOV 0.5a, which
has a few minor patches to the lighting code that I add to tweak
whenever I need a certain effect.  I haven't released the plugin I wrote
to handle this particular export process yet because there doesn't
appear to be many AM/POV users out there interested in it.

-Mike