POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Porting between versions : Re: Porting between versions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:34:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Porting between versions
From: Dawn McKnight
Date: 12 Dec 2000 15:25:30
Message: <3A3689BA.5F6B4AD@mac.com>
Thank you to everyone who responded.  It does indeed appear that I need
to compile 3.1g myself, and I talked to my sysop, who is doing this now.

I had no intention of making Macs sound slow.  I'm quite fond of mine...
it's a g3/300.  However, I use it for virtually everything I do, and
having a program tie up as many resources as an intense render in POV
takes, for several days, is an impact on my life!

Whereas, if I use the Enterprise server at work (virtually no load over
the holidays), it doesn't impact my life at all. 8)

--
Dawn McKnight      | "Who cares what the hipbone's connected to? I'm in Neurology!"
McK### [at] maccom   |					-- Justine Devlin, M.D.