POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Skin shader test (2 x 35 kbu) : Re: Skin shader test (2 x 35 kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skin shader test (2 x 35 kbu)
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 12 Dec 2000 08:37:12
Message: <3A362A8A.912D724C@aetec.ee>
Alan Kong wrote:
>   Interesting test images, Gilles. If you run more such tests of Vahur's
> POVMan patch, please share it with us. It gives us insight into both the
> strengths and limitations of the patch.

Such "black box" testing is not very effective method for determining
strengths and limitations of this patch. It would be easier to look at
source code or ask me :-)
More seriously, I admit that my documentation for this patch is not very
good, especially this part, which describes limitations and
shortcomings. I try to correct this situation and write some more
comprehensive documentation about this matter, but as documentation
writing is not favourite activity among programmers and English is not
my primary language, this will take some time.