POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Magical Library (70kbu) : Re: Magical Library (70kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Magical Library (70kbu)
From: J Charter
Date: 11 Dec 2000 19:42:15
Message: <3A357557.820106E1@aol.com>
Gail Shaw wrote:

> > The mix of death/horror and books is suggestive of Lovecraft?
>
> Haven't read any of his work. Where  do you see death/horror?

That was assuming the graveyard reference

> > Is there personal iconography here?
>
> Not that I'm aware of.

libraries = temples ?

>  Paul Delvaux?
>
> Who?

Belgiean surrealist - example of receeding leitmotif:
http://www2.prestel.co.uk/youngjohns/delvaux/delvaux1.jpg

The reference to Delvaux is a stretch but I just thought I would mention it.
His work has some interesting attributes of dreamscapes which  your work is
suggestive of at times.  What seems to be fading btw and which struck me
about your work is the complex narrative that underlay your earlier tracings
such as your entry in the horror round.

-Jim