POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Another guideline question : Re: Another guideline question Server Time
20 Jul 2024 11:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another guideline question
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 11 Dec 2000 09:17:31
Message: <3A34E097.1F6D6BD1@my-dejanews.com>
To reach a wide audience, use MPG-1.
To get good compression, get a high-tech MPG encoder.

MainActor cost me I think $89US and makes MPG-1 as well as some higher
codecs if you want.
http://www.mainconcept.com/

Good side: It allows you to prescribe the exact number of kb/sec you want
in the final anim.
Bad side: It forces you to prescribe the exact number of kb/sec you want in
the final anim.

Thus with experimentation you can set it up to get just enough kb to get a
pretty video.