POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spiky plant : Re: Spiky plant Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:14:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spiky plant
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 10 Dec 2000 14:34:59
Message: <3A33DC34.62358CB1@unforgettable.com>
ingo wrote:

> Remco de Korte wrote:
>
> >BTW I've seen these in bloom (?). The flowers can get a couple of
> >meters high and as far as I know they only get flowers once in every
> >fourteen years or so (and then die?).
> >So, here's some more trivia to correct me on ;)
>
> That would be an Agave,
> the plant that Tequila
> is made of.

I had something like that near where I lived when I was young, and in
fact I was even there to see it bloom. (I don't remember if it died
afterwards.. it doesn't seem like it did.) We called it a "century
plant". I have no idea if that was an agave or not, but it wasn't a
yucca.. the leaves were much different.

-Xplo