POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Guidelines : Re: Guidelines Server Time
20 Jul 2024 21:26:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Guidelines
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 9 Dec 2000 18:57:01
Message: <3A32C69C.CBA092D3@onwijs.com>
"Jon S. Berndt" wrote:

> But, it really grates on
> me to hear people exclaim how great Windows is. Whether it is true, or not, the
> first thing that comes to mind when I hear someone say that is: "Here is someone
> who has gotten his first computer and has studied pretty hard about how to use
> Windows and be a "Power User" for a whole year <snicker> and now thinks they
> understand the  entire industry."

How about someone who is (earning a living) writing software for an OS that can
actually be used or even bought by a large group of users?
To think something is "nice" or even "great" doesn't mean you're instantly blind
to its shortcomings. Focussing on those shortcomings to prove another such
things is better seems to be more a type of blindness.

> Jon
>
> --
>
> Jon S. Berndt
> League City, Texas