POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Guidelines : Re: Guidelines: OS WARS Server Time
20 Jul 2024 23:33:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Guidelines: OS WARS
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 8 Dec 2000 01:28:03
Message: <3A3080C2.E435B140@unforgettable.com>
"Jon S. Berndt" wrote:

> Xplo Eristotle wrote:
> >
> > And third, if you want to make this kind of argument, you should be
> > making it about the platform that brought us a GUI long before anyone
> > else did, and that Windows blatantly ripped off. (I think we all know
> > which one that is.)
>
>  ... which Apple got from Xerox and improved upon.

Got perfectly legally, I should point out. Apple paid Xerox quite a lot
to look at what was essentially a crude interactive proof-of-concept
mockup that demonstrated interface principles which had been floating
around since (supposedly) the 60s. And if someone bothered to read about
that old Xerox GUI, they'd find that it wasn't really very similar to
the Mac OS after all.

-Xplo