POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Orbiting Moon (.mpg 708Kb) : Re: Orbiting Moon (.mpg 708Kb) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 11:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Orbiting Moon (.mpg 708Kb)
From: Jon S  Berndt
Date: 8 Dec 2000 00:11:38
Message: <3A306E0D.971C8741@hal-pc.org>
"Rick [Kitty5]" wrote:

> excellent work!, nice to see a post with a decent frame rate!!, well worth
> the ~1MB dl

Thank you. Yes, frame rate was important to me, particularly, because eventually
I am aiming for a larger work to be written to videotape via a Pinnacle video IO
card and Adobe Premiere. I am fairly new at this animation stuff, so I am
experimenting a little (in between work on the FlightGear project
www.flightgear.org). One thing I am still trying to determine is what resolution
I need to use if I want the best rendition to video in 16:9 aspect (of course
there will be blank space above and below the picture).

> btw, i hate to do this to you, but shouldn't there be stars?

Yes, there should be, and, in fact, there are, but they are badly done. There
are two main problems:

1) I used the star textures from stars.inc, and they appear to show up randomly
frame-to-frame. They are also very faint.
2) Using high compression they tend to disappear.

I will probably try and create a thousand points of light, next time ;-)

Jon

Jon S. Berndt
Coordinator,
JSBSim project