POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Guidelines : Re: Guidelines Server Time
20 Jul 2024 21:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Guidelines
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 7 Dec 2000 20:13:40
Message: <3A303710.AD45AF2C@unforgettable.com>
"Rick [Kitty5]" wrote:

> >   You call Windows an "advance"?
>
> what would you suggest?, we all go linux and back to the days of a GUI
> sitting on top of a command line OS?
>
> Windows is a major advance in that it has made computers accessible to the
> masses, I don't see any of the competition having anything like that kind of
> impact.

Oh, this is bull.

First off, Windows is also a GUI sitting on a command line.

Second, there were plenty of masses using DOS. They didn't need no
steenkin' Windows.

And third, if you want to make this kind of argument, you should be
making it about the platform that brought us a GUI long before anyone
else did, and that Windows blatantly ripped off. (I think we all know
which one that is.)

-Xplo