POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : autocad and pov : Re: autocad and pov Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: autocad and pov
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 5 Dec 2000 20:01:51
Message: <3A2D907B.C100DF6B@peak.edu.ee>
Jordy wrote:

> greetings,
>
> I'm very new to raytracing and 3d in general but like what is see so far,
> Though the information I'm getting is overwelming, I already have AutCad
> 2000 (full version) and povray, now my question is; do i need another
> modeller or is AutoCad enough, I would like to know this before investing my
> time learning these programs.

You don't need AutoCAD, POV-Ray is enough :)
Seriously though, it depends on what you intend to do. For architectural /
technical renders, AutoCAD should serve you well - although you'd still need to
have some knowledge about POV coding, for setting up lights, textures etc.
On the other hand, AutoCAD is probably not the best tool for modelling organic
shapes and the like.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee