POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : light_groups have no effects on media??? : Re: light_groups have no effects on media??? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:14:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: light_groups have no effects on media???
From: Pabs
Date: 5 Dec 2000 00:01:25
Message: <3A2C76FD.E9D3638@hotmail.com>

> Zeger Knaepen wrote:
> >
> > You understood me wrong...  I didn't type "zonn" by accident!  I said that
> > if the sphere is in a different lightgroup than the light_source, you
> > shouldn't see a thing.  However, the media is showing!
> >
> And is it showing if you remove the light_source completely? (couldn't
> this be that the media is visible because of ambient light or
> something?)

global_settings { ambient_light COLOUR }
has no effect on the surface since  finish {ambient 0} is used
The docs for scattering don't mention anything about ambient light so it can't be
that.
Looks like a bug in the light-groups feature to me.

--
Bye
Pabs

http://zip.to/pabs3 -> http://www.crosswinds.net/~pabs3