POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Is this a bug or is it me? : Re: Is this a bug or is it me? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:15:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this a bug or is it me?
From: Ken
Date: 4 Dec 2000 22:38:49
Message: <3A2C640C.88D29828@pacbell.net>
Doug Moses wrote:

> I changed the code as suggested and now I have a stable good looking
> starfield. Here is the modified code. I also attached my first image_map to
> the scene. Thanks for the tips and links everyone! I got the image_maps from
> http://www.btinternet.com/~consty/render/render_f.htm Wow this stuff is fun!

I am glad you got the help you need. Now we need to discuss the
news server posting guidelines. We insist that you do not post
binary attacments in a non binaries group on this news server.
You should have posted your POV-Ray scene file attachement in
the povray.binaries.scene-files group. The image, converted to
a compressed .jpg file (we try to keep them under 200k in size
when possible), should have been posted in the povray.binaries.
images group.

I encourage you to cancel your last message. You may then repost
your comments here with a mention of where to find the source
which you can then repost to the appropriate groups on this server.
Please also take the time to read the messages in the announcments
group. I have posted a "welcome to the news server" message that
details what the different groups are for and other guidelines
that will assist you in getting the most from this news server.

Thank you for your participation and your co-operation.

--
Ken Tyler - ken### [at] tagpovrayorg