POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Earth night and day animation : Re: Earth night and day animation Server Time
20 Jul 2024 11:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Earth night and day animation
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 4 Dec 2000 18:14:29
Message: <3A2C2554.4CFA766E@ij.net>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> Matt Giwer wrote:
> >
> >         Just a first cut at it without the "blue patches" in the dark fixed.
> >

> Some blending of the two different textures at the terminator would be
> good IMO.

	Actually it is just two slightly ofset spheres. The stills are on
binary.images and the first one has the pertinent source code. This is a
proof of concept that I suggested on how to blend the image map of
lights and a fully lit image of the earth.

 	I agree with the need for a better terminator. I expect it will occur
naturally when I render this image seriously. If it does not, maybe a
slightly distorted third sphere for the terminator.

--
Israeli settlements in the West Bank and Gaza are
war crimes.