POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : GlowString.jpg (26Kbu) : Re: GlowString.jpg (26Kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 18:26:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GlowString.jpg (26Kbu)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 4 Dec 2000 17:02:49
Message: <3A2C13FD.1905E192@online.no>
Andy Cocker wrote:

> Actually, somebody posted some code a while ago that reads in a bitmap
> image, and rebuilds that image as an array of objects, each taking their
> colour from the bitmap (I forget what the technique is called). I wonder if
> this could be applied to an array of glows.. It would look fantastic if a
> sequence of images were used as a source... like those huge video
> billboards!

Xplo Eristotle also suggested something like this in my
"Fibonacci Stones" thread:

In my "Fibonacci Mosaics" thread:

the colouring of the blobs in these images are done
according to the colours in another image.

I can post the code for it. (But you would probably
want to do it the Mega-POV way :)

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom