POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Infinity in a box (602 K) : Re: Infinity in a box (602 K) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 11:29:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Infinity in a box (602 K)
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 4 Dec 2000 15:29:01
Message: <3A2BFF05.EA54BBA7@peak.edu.ee>
Pabs wrote:

> Reminds me of something MegaPOV could add - transform rays - this works as
> follows:
> 1. When reflecting/transmitting calc the new ray as per normal
> 2. Transform it as the object specifies ie translate etc
> This could be used to achieve your effect or make objects appear to be in
> places they are not

Hm, I was thinking about some kind of an "inverse" bounding object to do this,
i.e. when this inverse bounding object is hit, the object associated with it is
*not* rendered. This should be pretty straightforward to implement, and would
make effects like the one I did quite simple to achieve.

> How did you do this BTW?

I'll post the source to povray.binaries.scene-files. I's a bit of a mess but I
tried to clean & comment it to some extent, hopefully it is readable.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee
Home page http://www.hot.ee/margusrt