POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : file init error : Re: file init error Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: file init error
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 3 Dec 2000 22:19:56
Message: <3A2B0DD1.251DF67C@peak.edu.ee>
David F wrote:

> When i try to render a file in my home directory, using MegaPOV 0.5a, I
> get the following output:
[snip]
> However, when I run it su, it renders.  Got any suggestions?

Looks like POV tries to output the image someplace where you don't have write
permission as regular user. Perhaps you have set the default output directory
(with the Output_File_Name INI option) to such a location?

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee
Home page http://www.hot.ee/margusrt