POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Come sit and relax. : Re: Come sit and relax. Server Time
19 Aug 2024 12:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Come sit and relax.
From: Michael Schramke
Date: 3 Dec 2000 07:05:53
Message: <3A2A37A8.5AF99100@online.de>
> I'm thinking of taking this picture and getting it printed poster size
> and having it framed, and hanging it in my room. What do you think of
> this idea? If I choose to do it, what kind of resolution do most
> printing shops like to see this kind of thing in? I'd have to render it
> with some higher quality settings as well.

I lately finished my first a3-printout. It was printed in an
advert-design-shop on a A3-Photo printer. It has about 1440dpi.
I rendered my image in a 9900x7200 resolution <must be around 600dpi>.
You sould set a weak antialiasing:
 Antialias_Depth=2
 Antialias_Threshold=0.4
On my printout, there are no pixels & "stairs" visible.
The POV-generated PNG was 15 megabytes large.

You had a fine idea there.. are the lights in radiosity or in
arealights??

Michael Schramke <chi### [at] onlinede>