POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : fractal kaleidoscope : Re: fractal kaleidoscope Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fractal kaleidoscope
From: Steve
Date: 1 Dec 2000 18:54:27
Message: <3A283A49.F9564940@bellsouth.net>
I am not all that good at writing in native POV so I use MORAY. I also didn't
know what you used for filters so I made so glass with cubes scaled to .05 in 1
axis then gave them red,yellow and dark green glass textures. These are stock in
moray. Anyway I also used a chrome ball instead of mirror. What I got was not at
geometricly exact as yours but was very preasureful to look at. I really kinda
looks like a bunch of galaxies in a far off universe. Really a cool effect.
Thankyou for the suggestion I will keep playing with this. By the way, because
of the glass textures the render time on this one is rather large. It took about
5 minutes to render a 1024 X 768 image with an Atholon 900 running windows ME.
If you are interested I can attach the mdl file so you can render it your self.
Or I can send you a JPG.
Thanks again
Steve Blandford