POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Earth at night (17K) : Re: Earth at night (17K) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 12:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Earth at night (17K)
From: Jon S  Berndt
Date: 30 Nov 2000 06:46:55
Message: <3A263E6F.C8B86721@hal-pc.org>
Matt Giwer wrote:

>         Thank you good sir, a thousand thank yous. May Allah bless you. That is
> exactly the image I have been looking for, for a year now.

You are most welcome. It seemed like the kind of picture somebody surely must be
able to use!

>         And since you post the code. I plan a daylight sphere and a night
> sphere trivially displaced so that half is dark and half is light. And
> that being animation material.

I considered this, too, and, given the right daytime earth image, I might
eventually try it, as well. Post your results when you get something. I'd like
to see it.

I was trying to think of how it could be most realistically done. Would a
layered texture work? I don't know.

There does exist a daylight version of the nighttime pic I posted the URL for.
If I can find it I'll post the URL for that, as well.

Jon

Jon S. Berndt
League City, Texas
jsb### [at] hal-pcorg