POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Earth at night (17K) : Re: Earth at night (17K) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 12:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Earth at night (17K)
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 29 Nov 2000 19:33:20
Message: <3A25A050.E43B7CA8@ij.net>
Jon Berndt wrote:

> Here is a picture that uses the nighttime earth image featured a couple of
> days ago on the Astronomy Picture of the Day web page. The image can be
> downloaded now at:
>
> http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0011/earthlights_dmsp_big.jpg

	Thank you good sir, a thousand thank yous. May Allah bless you. That is
exactly the image I have been looking for, for a year now.

	And since you post the code. I plan a daylight sphere and a night
sphere trivially displaced so that half is dark and half is light. And
that being animation material.

--
Kicking the crap out of Canadian Nationals is half the fun
in life. Who would imagine an ice hockey team in Tampa. I