POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV 0.6a 'transform id' bug : It's unfortunately still there... Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:12:56 EDT (-0400)
  It's unfortunately still there...
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 29 Nov 2000 10:36:16
Message: <3A25338B.1D334A06@free.fr>
Sorry, but when again trying on a Digital Alpha architecture,
my cube example above crashes with floating exception. This is for
mpov-0.6.2 which is based on MegaPOV 0.6a.

        Looking back into the source, the infamous Compose_Transform()
with an unassigned &Local_Trans is still there. It does not crash
Linux and SGI, but does for DEC. I cannot test other architectures,
including, in particular, Win or MacOS (maybe could with SunOS).

        The weird image I obtained previously with the mpov-0.6.1 code
has been solved by another portion of code in parse.c; using a 'diff'
on files of the two distro, mpov-0.6.2/parse.c has some change from
the lines 9004 to 9007 in Parse_Transform() function. The problem I'm
talking about is at line 1081 in Parse_Object_Mods().

        I hope this will be fixed in the next MegaPOV release, or I
will have to report it again ;-)

*** Nicolas Calimet
*** http://pov4grasp.free.fr