POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : VoidSphinx Nacelle : Re: VoidSphinx Nacelle Server Time
19 Aug 2024 12:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: VoidSphinx Nacelle
From: Dawn McKnight
Date: 29 Nov 2000 01:23:26
Message: <3A24A0DF.2CE634FE@mac.com>
Chris Huff wrote:
> If it is intended to be hard to see...wouldn't the large glowing areas
> be a problem? :-)

Yes. 8)

But 1) we're talking about Star Trek here, so you have to take large
grains of salt, and 2) there's a 'low power / emcon' condition the
fighter can set to reduce the glow.

> And in exactly the wrong spot too...it's like a sign saying: "Hey
> everyone, my engines are in plain view, aim your torpedoes *right here*!"

I'm well aware of the problems of sticking fighter engines out on the
end of booms; there's a link to an essay about Why It's A Mistake on my
project page.  But again... it's Star Trek.  Here's the salt shaker.

--
Dawn McKnight      | "Who cares what the hipbone's connected to? I'm in Neurology!"
McK### [at] maccom   |					-- Justine Devlin, M.D.