POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Life's a Beach... : Re: Life's a Beach... Server Time
19 Aug 2024 12:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life's a Beach...
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 27 Nov 2000 09:37:01
Message: <3A227184.2A8EC071@gmx.de>
Ken wrote:

> Another attempt at realistic appearing beach sand. Each grain of
> sand was individually modelled, textured, and lovingly translated
> into position by hand. <Ken's lying through his teeth, again>

:-))  (how many grains are there btw?)

As Chris said the structure looks somewhat unnatural, wind/water shaped
sand usually has a strongly linear structure, maybe some marble pattern
with turbulence or a RMF strongly scaled in one direction would be good.
I would also suggest making it somehow change across the scene.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>