POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Width of character : Re: Width of character Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Width of character
From: Dawn McKnight
Date: 23 Nov 2000 16:42:00
Message: <3A1D8F29.D5F83F46@mac.com>
Mike Williams wrote:

> Wasn't it Dawn McKnight who wrote:

Why yes, it was... thank you for noticing! P)

> Text centring is directly available in MegaPOV. Just add the
> "align_center" modifier to the text object.

Sadly, that requires me to download MegaPOV, install it, figure out
where it's different from standard POV, so that I don't get
unpredictable results in my scene files, read the docs on text, etc., etc.

Of course, I probably will do this, eventually, but it's really rather
more involved than I wanted to get for what is basically a throw-away
test on a concept.

Thank you for letting me know this, and for your citation on where the
documentation is... I'll be very grateful when I get around to doing all
that stuff. 8)

--
Dawn McKnight      | "Who cares what the hipbone's connected to? I'm in Neurology!"
McK### [at] maccom   |					-- Justine Devlin, M.D.