POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Classic Hitchcock zoom effect (126kbbu) : Classic Hitchcock zoom effect (126kbbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Classic Hitchcock zoom effect (126kbbu)
From: David Fontaine
Date: 22 Nov 2000 00:12:44
Message: <3A1B54D8.C3B44DED@faricy.net>
I don't normally read this group, cuz it takes a lot of bandwidth, and I
can't fix AVI viewing in NN (it says "handled by plugin" and won't let
me edit it, stupid QuickTime, grr). And I don't do much animation at all
because it's too slow and too involved.

The classic Hitchcock zoom. If you're interested in the mathematics I
used (to create linear changes in width of the foreground and
background), just ask.

First attatchment shows the zoom in use, and second attatchment shows
the inner workings of the method.

Comments?

Attachments:
Download 'horrzoom.mpg' (86 KB) Download 'zoomscrt.mpg' (41 KB)