POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Width of character : Re: Width of character Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Width of character
From: Dawn McKnight
Date: 21 Nov 2000 23:16:00
Message: <3A1B4882.8ED3D7D1@mac.com>
Chris Huff wrote:

> A more flexible(and far simpler) solution would be to use a separate
> text object for every character and use the min_extent() and
> max_extent() functions to get the bounding box for each individual
> character, and use these values to position the characters correctly.

I'm trying to get a text string centered, and I remembered this thread.
Chris, can I use min_extent() and max_extent() on a string, or is it
only applicable to single characters?  Where can I find documentation on
these functions; it doesn't seem to be with the other text primitive
documentation in the official docs.

For that matter, if the function is not part of POV natively, where can
I find the function?

Thanks in advance.

--
Dawn McKnight      | "Who cares what the hipbone's connected to? I'm in Neurology!"
McK### [at] maccom   |					-- Justine Devlin, M.D.