POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : speaking of newbies....can anyone help me with this fog thing? : Re: speaking of newbies....can anyone help me with this fog thing? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: speaking of newbies....can anyone help me with this fog thing?
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 16 Nov 2000 22:42:18
Message: <3A14A942.D2B70EF6@peak.edu.ee>
DreyWerx wrote:

> allright. its is now allmost 8:30.  ive been screwin with fog since
> nine-something am.  im am going crazy. please call 911.
> im tryin to make a visible beam of light in a light fog.  like ina smolkey
> concert hall.  it is beginning annoy me...HELP!

Like others have said, try media. Scattering media is specifically meant for
simulating the effect you're after, but it is very slow to render. Check out
emitting media also; you can often create a passable light beam using a
transparent cylinder/cone filled with emitting media, and it will render _much_
faster than scattering media.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee