POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Runing POV-Ray : Re: Runing POV-Ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Runing POV-Ray
From: Peter Toneby
Date: 16 Nov 2000 20:30:14
Message: <3A148A26.C285A2D3@acc.umu.se>
David wrote:

> I just installed Red Hat Linux a few days ago, and noticed that it includes
> POV-Ray - long my Macintosh hobby. I installed it, and now I con't launch
> it. What's the trick to starting the thing? I've been using the KDE system,
> which calls the smaple files "executables" (!). Can anyone help this newbie?

Try something like x-povray +d +v -ifiletorender.pov
that should give you a image that shows up on the screen while rendering
and
is saved to filetorender.png (I think PNG is the default, might be TGA).

/Peter Toneby
--
Alpha Test Version:  Too buggy to be released to the paying public.
Beta Test Version:  Still too buggy to be released.