POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Hackers... (Howto "not being hacked with povray") : Re: Hackers... (Howto "not being hacked with povray") Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:27:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hackers... (Howto "not being hacked with povray")
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 16 Nov 2000 16:35:32
Message: <3A14618F.359BF13E@yahoo.com>
> You probably need to make sure the script doesn't do any #fopens or #writes,
> and make sure the output filename specified in the .ini file is okay (or remove
> it entirely and replace it with a filename you make up.)  That'll be good
> enough to catch most problems.  Watch for weird parser stuff like the fact
> that this is valid syntax:

Thanks!

>                                                  #
>
>     fopen (whatever)

Hmmm... is this "<many_spaces>#fopen (whatever"
or "<many_spaces>#\n\n fopen (whatever)"?

> >What if I'm not on linux but on Windows? what about MacOS? what about the newer
> >MacOS X?
>
> MacOS X is of course BSD-based, so should support things like permissions and
> chroot.  The other two aren't server operating systems, and running server
> processes on them is just asking for trouble.

I know about MacOS X... and for the other two... well, I wont need
permissions...  The programm will handle that all by itself..

Thanks a lot!
	Simon

--
| Simon Lemieux           | Website : http://www.666Mhz.net  |