POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Hackers... (Howto "not being hacked with povray") : Re: Hackers... (Howto "not being hacked with povray") Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hackers... (Howto "not being hacked with povray")
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 16 Nov 2000 16:14:08
Message: <3A145C8B.373F10E2@yahoo.com>
> You don't have to know how it's done to avoid it. :)

And what if... I want to know... if there are security problems in povray, I
need to know them...  You might have seen on povray.general that I've started
working on an utility for povray... well, that's why I would need these security
informations.

> Your best bet is to run povray as a user with privileges only to write in
> a specific directory and no login privileges.  For extra security, you
> might also use chroot.

What if I'm not on linux but on Windows? what about MacOS? what about the newer
MacOS X?

Thanks,
	Simon

--