POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ComBadge : ComBadge Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  ComBadge
From: Dawn McKnight
Date: 15 Nov 2000 23:28:53
Message: <3A13627D.559C3331@mac.com>
Well, since no one replied to my question about the star fleet shield, I
went ahead and reinvented the wheel.  Then, once I had the shield, I
thought I'd go ahead and model a com badge for the gaming group I play
my Star Trek RPG with.

The com badge below is based on a John Eaves design, found on page 35 of
the "Star Trek Sketch Book -- The Movies Generations & First Contact".
I threw in Chris Colefax's Galaxy.inc for kicks and giggles, and came up
with a cool thing I wasn't expecting... my blue metallic surface
reflects visible stars!

Dude!

As a side note, I feel mildly abashed that Mr. Day can whip out images
like his last in four hours, and this little project took me six.  I
almost hesitate to post it, but... hey, I'm using POV, too!

--
Dawn McKnight      | "Who cares what the hipbone's connected to? I'm in Neurology!"
McK### [at] maccom   |					-- Justine Devlin, M.D.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'combadge2.jpg' (14 KB)

Preview of image 'combadge2.jpg'