POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : MegaPOV for SunOS? : Re: MegaPOV for SunOS? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV for SunOS?
From: Dennis Clarke
Date: 15 Nov 2000 14:33:25
Message: <3A12E575.2CADCA07@interlog.com>
Micha Riser wrote:

> Is there somewhere a precompiled version of MegaPOV (or MegaPOVPlus or
> PVMegaPOV) for Unix/SunOS? When I tried to compile it myself I got a 7
> MB binary file.... Or can anybody give my a hint how to compile it
> properly?
>
> Thanx
> - Micha

This may not help but have a look at

http://www.interlog.com/~dclarke/povray/povray.html

for a few ideas on how to get started.

In the mean time I just downloaded the source again and rebuilt Pov-Ray
again just to test a system here.  We just built an eight cpu E4500 with
400MHz cpu's in it so I decided to run Pov-Ray for the fun of it.  Had
to compile it though.

I'll download the Mega-Pov source and have a crack at that to see what I
get ...

Dennis Clarke