POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bathroom thing : Re: bathroom thing Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bathroom thing
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 15 Nov 2000 13:33:39
Message: <3A12D82B.D9E04B0E@unforgettable.com>
Johnny Smith wrote:

> Obviously...I'm doing the "bathroom" thing here.
> What else belongs in the scene ?
> (that would make it appear more "bathroom" like?)

Um, what kind of bathroom is this supposed to be?? It certainly doesn't
resemble any residential or commercial bathroom I've ever seen.

If it's supposed to be residential, and I suspect it is:

1. Make it cramped, or at least more cramped than it is. Even nice
houses rarely have bathrooms this large.

2. Take out the clock (unless you really don't want to, but a bathroom's
a weird place to hang a clock) and replace it with small pictures or
shelves or something. Also take out the chair and the can of soda; there
should be no room for the former, and food has no business being in a bathroom.

3. Replace the dresser-thingy with a sink of some kind. Add a
toothbrush, brush/comb, toothpaste, jewelry bits, razor, shaving cream,
mouthwash, can of air freshener, etc etc as appropriate. And soap and a
hand towel.

4. Add a tub or shower stall. There's usually a small window next to this.

5. Add overhead lighting.. the mirror light by itself would be rather
stark-looking. And on the subjet of lighting, make the other mirror
lights actual lights.. only one appears to be lit. Overhead venting (to
let steam and.. er.. gases out) is another possibility.

6. If possible, do some remodeling work on the toilet.. it's
recognizable, but jarringly crude. It might work better if it were
against a corner, so that someone sitting on it could reach for toilet
paper mounted on the wall to his side, but you'd have to redesign the
room for this. Then again, looking in through the doorway might be a
better idea anyway.

7. Add a toilet tissue dispenser, and possibly some extra rolls sitting
on the toilet or floor.

8. If possible, make the towel longer and fluffier. And take out the
sharp wrinkles, it looks like a really worn pleated skirt or something.

9. Add a closet and/or medicine cabinet.

10. You have a bathroom, or should; go look at it for more ideas.

-Xplo