POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : MegaPOV for SunOS? : Re: MegaPOV for SunOS? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:27:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV for SunOS?
From: Micha Riser
Date: 15 Nov 2000 11:37:02
Message: <3A12BC08.6104D635@datacomm.ch>
Warp wrote:

> Micha Riser <ris### [at] studentethzch> wrote:
> : When I tried to compile it myself I got a 7 MB binary file....
>
>   Try stripping it.

What's this?

>   Which compiler did you use? If you used cc, try switching to gcc (it will
> make the code faster anyways).
>   My compile of MegaPov for Solaris takes 1 004 332 bytes.

I think there was a problem with the png and libz-libraries. I need to
link them statical because I can't install the libraries itself.

What source code did you take? Which web page did you get it from?

- Micha

 email:                      mic### [at] michavirtualavenet
 visit my homepage:          http://micha.virtualave.net
 POVRay Objects Collection:  http://povobjects.keyspace.de