POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Drying fisher net : Re: Drying fisher net Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Drying fisher net
From: Jérôme M  Berger
Date: 14 Nov 2000 05:52:51
Message: <3A111982.3913BC15@tapasmail.net>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> That looks neat, still a mesh ?

	Still a mesh, with a combination of two gradients as a pigment to give
the illusion of a net

> You seem to be right about the unfinished calculation on the right side,
> although it's also a difficult case in real world.  If i understand things
> right it's probably not that problematic to add some kind of 'unfinished
> warning' to the program.

	Right, I'll probably do this

> If it's an external program, i wonder what kind of shapes it can handle
> for draping the cloth onto.

	Right now, it can handle any number of cylinders in any position, any
number of boxes whose sides are parallel to the axis and an horizontal
plane at any given altitude. It's not very difficult to add new shapes,
but those are all I need for the moment...

--

* Abandon the search for truth, * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* Settle for a good fantasy.    * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger