POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Drying fisher net : Re: Drying fisher net Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:14:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Drying fisher net
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 14 Nov 2000 05:31:17
Message: <3A111473.C81D41EB@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>

>         Another example of my cloth simulator...
>
>         Two notes:
> * it's probably still a bit stiff but to get something better, I'd have
> to increase the resolution with the corresponding increase in time :-(
> * the simulator doesn't stop when nothing moves, but rather after a
> certain number of simulation steps. I think in this case it hadn't
> finished which is why the net seems to hang in mid-air on the right...

That looks neat, still a mesh ?

You seem to be right about the unfinished calculation on the right side,
although it's also a difficult case in real world.  If i understand things
right it's probably not that problematic to add some kind of 'unfinished
warning' to the program.

If it's an external program, i wonder what kind of shapes it can handle
for draping the cloth onto.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>