POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Have a drink? : Re: Have a drink? Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:14:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Have a drink?
From: Jérôme M  Berger
Date: 14 Nov 2000 04:42:58
Message: <3A110921.47D87F01@tapasmail.net>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> >         It is a mesh and yes you could increase the resolution but
> > of course this would slow down the simulator a lot (unless
> > you up the resolution afterwards)
>
> That's probably worth considering, but how slow exactly are things ?

	Most of my tests tool 10-20mn to compute, but increasing the time
increases faster thant the resolution...

> >         It's an external C++ program. I'm afraid it would be *very*
> > slow if it was to be coded in POV...
> >

> I understand that, will you publish it when it's ready ?

	I'll probably publish something next week (core simulation engine, need
to edit the source and recompile each time you want to change any
parameter). I'll get back to it and make it more usable once I've
finished my irtc entry

--

* Abandon the search for truth, * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* Settle for a good fantasy.    * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger