POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Resolution of Outputed Image : Re: Resolution of Outputed Image Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:29:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Resolution of Outputed Image
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 13 Nov 2000 23:49:00
Message: <3A10C43B.EE2E6DAF@ij.net>
Michael DiDonato wrote:

> Is there a way to specify the resolution of the images created by
> POV-RAY?  I have created a couple of molecular graphics which look
> great on screen but when they are printed, they contain jaggies even
> though they were antialiazed.

> Furthermore, when I open the TGA file in xv (or any other graphics
> program) it says the resolution is 72dpi.  I would like this to be at
> least 600dpi.  Is there a way to specify this in POV-Ray?

	You simply control the size of the POV image so you have 600 pixels to
print at that resolution. For example, create 800x600 for a 1.333x1 inch
image.

	That last time I tried something like that was on a much slower machine
and it ate up most of the processing doing the size conversion for an HP
560C.

--
Want to know how Palestinians feel? Imagine if Israel
had been declared in your country.