POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Resolution of Outputed Image : Re: Resolution of Outputed Image Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Resolution of Outputed Image
From: Ken
Date: 13 Nov 2000 16:32:56
Message: <3A105E75.F82BD7EE@pacbell.net>
Michael DiDonato wrote:

> Is there a way to specify the resolution of the images created by POV-RAY?  I have
created a couple of molecular graphics
> which look great on screen but when they are printed, they contain jaggies even
though they were antialiazed.

> Furthermore, when I open the TGA file in xv (or any other graphics program) it says
the resolution is 72dpi.  I would like
> this to be at least 600dpi.  Is there a way to specify this in POV-Ray?

To the best of my knowledge POV-Ray has no facilityfor specifying the
the dpi saved in the image. However I see no reason why you couldn't
open the image in your favorite graphics program and resave it at a
higher dpi level.