POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Iso-waves (53KB) : Re: Iso-waves (53KB) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iso-waves (53KB)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 Nov 2000 13:49:24
Message: <3A1037B4.E4631671@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> I wanted make some cylinders that were "bent"
> according to a random pattern by using an iso-
> surface.
>
> I haven't succeeded doing this yet, but here's
> an intermediate result. I'm not sure at all
> if it's possible to do what I want with an iso-
> surface. (But I'm trying.)

I don't really understand the problem, because bending isosurface objects
usually isn't that difficult, maybe you should explain a bit more
detailed.

> This image shows two iso-surfaces.
>
> Tor Olav

Some emitting media near the horizon and a different texture for the upper
part would make it look quite interesting IMO, but it's probably more a
technical study.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>