POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Down to Earth : Re: Down to Earth Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:12:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Down to Earth
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 13 Nov 2000 00:31:06
Message: <3A0F7C15.69110945@online.no>
Ken wrote:

> Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
> > I like the texture. How did you do that ?
>
> I used pretty much the same method you used except I specified
> a granite piment pattern and then used multiple colered lights
> to give the actual color to the scene.
>
> object {
>    Toroid_Noise
>       pigment { granite
>        color_map {
>                    [0.0 rgb .35]
>                    [0.5 rgb .50]
>                    [.75 rgb .35]
>                    [1.0 rgb .75]
>                  }
>                 scale .5
>                }
>       normal { granite .25 scale .35}
>   no_shadow
> }

Thank you Ken.

> Have you tried feeding it a quilted pigment yet ? I have been
> getting some interesting results using various slopes in the
> pattern.

When I saw Greg M. Johnson's Cell city I thought that maybe
it was many pattern types that I hadn't seen yet.

So I browsed through the documentation and found the quilted
pattern, which I had never used before. I did a little test
with this pattern as well, but I was to tired to actual read
the documentation for this pattern. So the results that I got
wasn't what I thought they would be.

But now I'm very interested to see what images came from
your experiments with this pattern.

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom